Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sit Spot Journal - Day 9

Sit Time: 6:30 p.m. - 6:55 p.m.

There's nothing like adding fog to a night Sit. Now I really can't see anything and have no choice but to focus on sounds.

At first I hear the sounds of water dripping onto snow. It isn't raining, and I'm not being dripped on by the trees over me, but I can hear soft small sounds in the snow.

Overhead I hear a few Canada geese, then more. The flock doesn't sound large but the sounds don't seem to be moving very much, so I can't tell where they're going. I think they may be circling overhead and wonder if the fog has disoriented them or caused a few to get separated from the rest. For 10 minutes the sound of what sounds like a flock of 10-20 birds is all around me, a little to the north, then a little to the west and a little south.

I am sad to go inside (though there is work to be done and I must). I sit for 25 minutes, mostly listening to the geese call and honk.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I always find geese honking at night seems, sad at times. When I do hear them, I listen to them untill I can't hear them anymore.


www.thequietone.net