Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sit Spot Journal - Day 5

Sights. Tonight it snowed during my Sit Spot. It was a powdery snow, sometimes heavy, sometimes fine. I felt it hit my cheeks and then melt. White snow on the ground brightened the forest around me, and I could see better and further tonight than I have been able to during any of my other night time Sit Spots.

The snow is so light, it's almost like bubbles. A little breeze blows it off the branches and trees, and it swirls like a white smoke before disappearing.

I sit still and am soon nearly snow-covered myself, feeling like an abominable snowman. I've never been still enough before to become covered with snow as it is falling.

Sounds. I can hear the snow as it falls on my coat. This is almost the only sound I hear. The forest is remarkably quiet. Even modern noises don't intrude, though in the distance I hear a motor, perhaps from an idling truck or bus. The snow falls on the deck around me, on my coat, little sounds, as tiny as the snowflakes themselves.

No comments: