Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sit Spot Journal - Day 4

I sat from 7:05 p.m. - 7:25 p.m.

Sights. I saw the moon move, rising in the east. I don't think I've ever actually seen it travel through the sky before. Oh, I've noticed before that it was in one spot only to look an hour or so later and notice it was elsewhere. And I've observed moonrise and moonset, but I don't remember watching it move when it was already well up in the sky. The moon moved faster than I expected it to, though why I expected its motion to be slower, I don't know.

The sky was clear when I started my sit but about halfway into the 20-minutes, a narrow bank of clouds raced across the sky, covering the stars for a few minutes before marching out of sight by the end of the sit.

It was cold tonight, somewhere in the upper teens.

No comments: